Friday, January 25, 2008

Do Moms Get A Sick Day?

NEW HAIR STYLE
NEW HAIR STYLE
STORYTIME
ICE CREAM BEFORE BED

So this week has been a not so good week for Amanda, Lukas and Evalin as we have all had the flu. So far, Phil, Kathryn and Isaac have escaped. I was going to go into detail as to ALL the things that Phil had to do on Wednesday, while I was completely bed-ridden, but so many of the things are gross and not topics you want to read about, so we will just leave it at: Phil is amazing! He did so much laundry Wednesday - Thursday (mostly sheets and kids clothes) that he is now on strike for awhile. The answer to my title is "Yes, I did get a sick day." Phil stayed home and gave me the day off, which was great because if he hadn't the kids would have had to fend for themselves which we all know would involve eating ice cream and popcorn and watching 12 continous hours of movies all day long.
I posted a picture of Kathryn's new hair style which she was very pleased about! She has wanted her hair to grow for so long and now that it is juuuuust long enough, she wants me to do it daily! It is a great way for us to bond though, so I gladly sit and do her hair for her. Evalin decide to hold Isaac and read him a story the other day and I thought that their contrasting skin color was soooo beautiful that I had to take a picture and then of course share it with the world. Enjoy!

5 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

Yes...Mommy's get a sick day...when they have AWESOME Daddy's to hold the FORT and RUN the washing machine.
What comes around goes around...looks like Phil did not quite get to escape form what you said this morgin on the phone...looks like you can not have your hands all over the sheet, towels and jammies with out the germs getting to ya! (sorry Phil)
Now who gets the sick day...Phil and you GREAT Mommy get to wear the SUPER WOMAN cape today!
You guys are doing such a SUPER job....
Blessings
Carrie <><
I will kiss the Beacon House Kids for you!

Dana Lohrer said...

LOVE the pics! So glad that Kathryn's hair is getting long enough to fix! Can't wait to hear about your having to do braids or cornrolls in her hair! The pic of Evie and Isaac is just priceless! What dolls! Sorry to hear about you all being sick! That definitely wasn't fun, especially when mom's not available. Love you all! Talk to you soon!

Carissa said...

you are all so amazing! i love watching you all love on each other!

blessings to you my friends, Carissa

The Blaske Bunch said...

Just a note from Africa, Victoria saw your pictures today and LOVED them! She kept talking about her new hair, how it was planted, and her dresses....oh she loved their dresses. We can't wait to see you again!
Blessings from Beacon House!
Ashlie

Barqueros said...

Love it Amanda! I'm always checking this site you know, even if I don't get time to write. Gotta keep up with my nieces and nephews! I'm still striving for favorite-aunt-in-California status. I think its holding.

Love you!

~Theresa