Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Good Man is Hard to Find

Every parent thinks that their child is wonderful, hilarious, genius, etc. and so they tell you everything that their chid does, while you smile and nod politely. I am the chief offender of this...I think my kids are soooo funny that I often drive people away with my numerous "funny" stories. However, this story has to be told:

Evalin talks incessantly about when she gets big and has her two babies "Spooney" and "Abbie" And she is always planning their lives and what I (the grandma) will do with Spooney and Abbie. The other day we had an interesting conversation that went something like this:

Evalin: "Mom, I don't think I am going to have any babies"
Mom: "Why do you think that, Evalin?"
Evalin: "Because I am sooo little"
Mom: "Well, Evalin, you have to grow up and get big (not literally big, but big=older in our house) and then find a nice, kind man and get married, THEN you can have a baby."
Evalin: "No, TWO babies, Mom, Spooney AND Abbie"
Mom: "Okay, TWO babies"


Just then, Phil comes home and walks through the door and Evalin says "Dad, where can I find a man?" Phil laughed and said "I don't know" to which Evalin hung her head in despair and said "I don't know where ANY mans are!"


















Even at age three, Evalin is one of the funniest people I know. She is so dramatic, that simple things, ( like finding a man!), become a huge drama. She is so awesome! What a gift she has been to us...children truly are a gift from God!

4 comments:

K said...

LOL! She is hilarious! Bless her heart, I think she may be right!
Good men ARE hard to come by ;)

I know I thank God all the time for my hunk!

K :)

P.S. I think funny kid stories are the BEST! Adoption blog readers are definitely a good audience for them.

Laurel said...

Too funny! Can't believe you didn't share that story at dinner tonight. Don't worry, you won't scare us away with kid stories.

Thanks for the fun evening!

Laurel :)

Carissa said...

Hey Lohrer's!!!!
i like your new background and pictures!!!! how precious!

what a great story of finding a man...Hey Evalin, be patient, i'm still looking for one too! God is faithful and knows our every need! Pursue him first, He's not just a good man, He's an AMAZING man to fall in love with!!!


love ya'll!
Carissa Diacogiannis

Cassie said...

me too E, I can't find a man either!!!!

let me know if you find a store that sells the
totally-amazing-Jesus-loving-worshiping-praying-laughing-fun- good looking sort. we can find one together... well of course i would like to find mine a few years before you, but i'm older so i can. =)