Friday, September 12, 2008

I have had ENOUGH!!!

I have NEVER posted a political blog in my life, but this made me FURIOUS!

After years of listening to our media tell us that the Democrats were on the side of the downtrodden and poor and the Republicans were greedy and selfish Americans...I have had enough.

In 2007, Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, earned $319,853 in adjusted gross income. How much of that did they give to charity? LESS than 1% of their income. Over the past decade they reported giving an average of $369 a year to charity!
Obama and his wife made $1.2 million dollars between 2000 - 2004. There "generous" gifts to charity...less than 1%

In 2006 AND 2007 John McCain gave more than $202,000...26% of his income.
Of George W. Bush's taxable income, he gave 11.5% in 2004 12.2% in 2005 and 12.1% in 2006

Need I say more?

7 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

TOTAL AGREEMENT! I DON'T LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE POLITICAL REALM OF THIS COUNTRY, BUT I HAVE BEEN PUTTING MY 2 CENTS OUT THERE THESE DAYS! IT AMAZES ME HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE BLINDED! THESE #S SHOW WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT EVERY AMERICAN!

His Amazing Grace said...

Well said, Amanda!!!
...April :)

Marsha said...

You go, Girl !

Momto16 said...

The McCains have donated a lot of money over the years to the elite schools that the McCain children attend:
http://harpers.org/archive/2008/02/hbc-90002519

As long as they have a non profit status- it's a tax write off just the same as if they were giving to any other organization.

None of them give as they should in my opinion!

(not to mention McCain's wife and her $300K outfit for the Republican National Convention- how many children could have been fed with that money?)

Praying for our country!!

Sarah

Barqueros said...

If you listen to Larry Elder (maybe just down here), he gives the name of a book called "Who really cares?" and it shows that Republicans give way more time and money than Democrats do.

~Theresa

Laurel said...

Great stats. I hadn't heard this before, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

Laurel

K said...

I too am with you on this!