Thursday, November 13, 2008

Phil is WHERE?

It was completely unlike Phil. If I hadn't been standing in right in front of him, looking into his face, convinced that the Twilight Zone doesn't exist, except for on TV, then I would not have believed you if you said that this was Phil's idea.

"I think I should go to Ghana"

"Okaaaaay, why?"

That was how our conversation started out and after I recovered from my disbelief, we had a long conversation about his recent loss of sanity.
So yes, Phil is in Ghana and he went to help Romana (the saint who rescues children and gives them LIFE!) and to see if we could possibly get some things done to bring our baby home sooner. (Is sooner a word? I mean if you are not from Oklahoma, Dana!) So sure enough, Phil has done both! I believe God has a GREAT sense of humor because even though Phil loves his own babies, babies in general are not so much his "thing" But since arriving, he has held MANY, MANY babies. (I plan on calling him "the baby whisperer" from now on:)


Phil's YUMMY dinner:)


All joking aside, Phil is doing what God told all of us to do: "Care for orphans in their distress..." That is PURE religion. He took a huge leap of faith on November 10th, doing something waaaaaay out of his comfort zone (more like the Twilight Zone...OH, I said all joking aside!) and he INSPIRES me. If you had told me 2 years ago that Phil would be in Africa for the second time in 1 year, adopting a 3rd child, and eating unknown foods, I probably would have laughed, seriously, I would have, but that was before God became more than just an idea and Christianity became more than just going to church...hold on...who knows what we'll be saying in two more years!

6 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

The Lohrer Family LIVING PURE religion!!! yes it is a beautiful thing! I say we stand before God when it is all over and not have any regrets of things we could of done!
LOVE LOVE LOVE walking life with you!
From one "crazy" family to another...we say YES LORD right along with you! GO GOD!!!

Dana Lohrer said...

Thanks for the update! Mom has been keeping us in the know. I emailed Phil last night! Yes, of course Sooner even though the definition isn't so great, meaning they went in before it was time for the Land Run and staked out their land. This is what Phil has done but with the grace of God and the favor of God on him! Its incredible to see God working through you and Phil! We love you all so very much!

Salzwedel Family said...

I LOVE what you wrote..."that was before God became more than just an idea and Christianity became more than just going to church". Amen! Let's all get out of our comfort zone.

Hailey said...

fabulous. God is doing amazing things in your hearts and it is such a joy and encouragement to watch.

Anonymous said...

Good Day Lohrer Family; We found your story today and we have read it it is awesome. We also are from WA and we are adopting from Ghana and we are waiting on our processing of our I600 from the USCIS office; have not heard anything yet but it is all in God's timing. We filed our I600 stateside and it came back quickly but now waiting on Ghana as of Nov. 13, 2008. We are also Chrisitians (children of God) and we are so blessed to be saved and know 100% sure when we die we will go to heave. Anyway, I was reading your are adopting again and your hubby is there in Ghana now. That is awesome. We will pray for you guys and put you in our prayer jar. I was searching for an e-mail address; you know sometimes the Lord puts people in your path that have is still going through what you are going through. If you would like to have my e-mail address let me know; thank you take care family; we have enjoyed reading your story it is an encouragement for us. What church do you go too?

Anonymous said...

Have a great day and Blessed day. I forgot to ask I think how is your hubby doing and the adoption. Take care