Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lohrer Update

WOW! It has been awhile since I updated our blog! We have been VERY busy. I officially started working at our church in the children's ministry department and I must say that it took me a full 2 weeks to figure out the whole working mom bit (even though I am just part time). So here are the updates:
  • I (amanda) started working
  • Lukas ran his marathon
  • Lukas lost his first tooth (thank you Lord!!!)
  • Phil came back from Ghana (again, thank you Lord!)
  • Kathryn and Isaac celebrated their VERY first thanksgiving!
  • Evalin asked Jesus to be her Savior!

So as you can read, we are busy, but soooooo happy and BLESSED! God continues to SHOWER us with undeserved blessings....We are truly thankful!

Me and my super hot date!

Silly girls drinking hot chocolate outside in the freezing cold!

Gingerbread artists!

How that roof stays on, I will never know! (it must weigh about 3 lbs!)

My marathon runner!


First missing tooth
(I only have to pull 99 more teeth over the next few years!)

This is why boys NEED a father's influence
(this picture taken while Phil was in Ghana:)


4 comments:

The Blaske Bunch said...

Yes...alot has been going on in the "Land Of Lohrer"
You guys are awesome! i know I say it alot, but I mean it! Thanks for the great update with the pictures! John's little tooth is loose as can be...it is frustrating him that his "tooth is breaking"
Love you guys!
C

TLM said...

My goodness Issac looks so grown up! He was just a baby when I met him in Ghana last year!

Blessings on your newest plans!

Tanya

Laurel said...

Fun to read the update about your family. Looks like the kids are doing well.

Elijah is just about to lose his 3rd tooth in a week (it's barely hanging by a thread, but he doesn't want me to pull it). Since he lost 2 teeth when he was just 2 y.o., and they have never come back in, he suddenly got worried about losing more teeth, and asked, "Am I going to lose all my teeth?" Now, with 5 front teeth missing, eating apples is getting tricky.

Laurel :)

Dana Lohrer said...

YAY, for Evalin! That is such wonderful news! I can't believe Lukas is loosing teeth! WOW! I love the girls with their hot chocolate! So cute! Thanks for the update!