Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Homeward Bound

We went to our visa appointment today and received our visas for Kathryn and Isaac...Hooray! Our flight leaves at 10:30 am, but we have to be there at 6:00 am (Delta suggested 4:00 am, but then after my laughter subsided, they said 6:00am would be acceptable). We have a 2 1/2 hour layover in JFK where we will have to go through customs, meet with an immigration officer and do some paperwork declaring Kathryn and Isaac as immigrants! Should be interesting:)
On a seperate note: Phil and I are much lighter coming home than we were coming. The girls at the orphanage were laughing at us because they said we were "shrinking" HA! Phil lost more weight than me (not fair) even though I was sick longer(and more violently). We are soooo glad to be coming home. I am planning on eating a big salad with safely washed lettuce and fresh vegetables on it! Phil is planning on, well, there are just too many foods to list! Hopefully the next time you hear from us we will either be face to face with you at at your doorstep (if you live in Whatcom County) or you can read about our journey as we type from our home! (Lukas and Evalin...I cannot wait to see you!!!)

10 comments:

Bingaling said...

I am so glad you are heading toward home (with visas and children in hand)!! My husband and I are adopting two little boys from Ghana and he is heading there in just a few days. We have been watching your progress with baited breath...hoping that your family will serve as a test case and that we will be able to file the I-600 and bring the boys home on the same trip!

I can't wait to hear more about your journey after you arrive home...and I'm excited to hear about how the kiddos adjust to life in the U.S.!

Praying for safe travels home and for lots of rest and relaxation when you arrive!
Chanda

K said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! :) :) :)

K said...

I just told Ryan the news, and his comment was "WOW!" It really is a 'wow' situation! I think the Lord is letting us know that He is still in the miracle business!

Annerb said...

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I can't wait to hear that you're back on US soil...then maybe I'll be able to start breathing again. Praying ya home. . .

love,
a.ann

Kristin said...

Yeah! So exciting that you get to be home for Christmas with all four of your kids. I am so thrilled for you and can't wait to hear about your travel and homecoming! I will be praying for your plane ride and hope that the kids love the experience!

Lindsey said...

PRAISE THE JESUS!!!! I am so excited to meet them!!!! Yay... Hope all the flight and custom stuff goes well... Blessings, Lindsey Diacogiannis <><

Hailey said...

why did you have to put in the disclaimer (if you live in Whatcom county?). love you! Praise the Lord you're coming home!

other account said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
other account said...

Praise God! We're proud of you guys. Your perseverence and the way you have trusted in God's timing will be an example to many. Lots of Love,
ross & taya

Dana Lohrer said...

So glad that you all are heading home! We got the news from Mom today while sitting in an airport! It will be wonderful to hear that you have reached the States again! Yes, I am sure you and Phil are making a list of all the foods you want to feast on! Love you! Talk to you all soon!