Monday, December 17, 2007

Lesson learned!

"The goodness of God is that which disposes Him to be kind, cordial, benevolent, and full of good will toward men. He is tenderhearted and of quick sympathy, and His unfailing attitude toward all moral beings is open, frank, and friendly. By His nature He is inclined to bestow blessedness and He takes holy pleasure in the happiness of His people..." A.W. Tozer

We have learned so much this last week. One thing that I learned (Amanda) is that God is not required to do what I want just because I want it. It is not His job to make me happy, it is His job to make me holy. I finally got it! Total surrender. If God wants me to stay in Africa so that my character is developed, then that is the best. Since God is 100% good, He can only give good to us. He cannot give us bad or evil things. So even if something seems bad to me, I have to have faith that it is actually for my good.

Okay, now what you really want to know...(I had to take the opportunity to "preach" because I knew I had a captive audience) we went to the embassy this morning and almost all of the regular consulars were gone (because it is Christmastime) so they had many, many "temps" who are notorious for going "by the book" We had a darling girl help us and she was so wonderful!!! I explained our situation and she said "Well, normally you would come back Friday, but let me see what I can do" I don't know who she talked to or what she did, but she came back in five minutes with a 4 pm appointment for Tuesday afternoon...yes that is correct! We get our visas on Tuesday and can come home on Wednesday! Enough said!

10 comments:

Hailey said...

PRAISE GOD!

I loved your post today friend. It's wonderful to read about how God is refining you and making you more holy. amazing.

We feel so encouraged here becuase the Lord has answered our prayers for your family. Love you. O how we wish we could be there for your glorious reunion with ALL your children!

Dana Lohrer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana Lohrer said...

Thank you, Lord! We are so excited in the Lohrer household! I don't think any of us slept a lot last night. We were all sending up prayers to our Heavenly Father! God is so Good! We are so sad that we won't be here when you all return, but it will be such a blast when we come back to visit! Wow Papa and Nana's house will be crazy with 6 kids running around! We love you so very much! What a joyous reunion it will be will Luke and Evie!

bbqdaisy said...

Wohooooooooooo!
Praising God with you!
We do definately serve a GOOD God don't we... those were inspiring words and ones which I have also definately lived through repeatedly, and even now again!
Blessings on the rest of your time in Ghana!
Love
Maria and Sam and kids

Annerb said...

I'm sitting here at work, with tears of joy running down my face. What an incredible journey you've come through...what a testimony to our faithful GOD!!!! We're praying you home..with your specific request about the seat belt issues with the kids.

Lukas and Evalin have the official homecoming date for their calendar now!!!!!

K said...

Tears here! What a great God we have!
Praying the rest of your time in Ghana is good and that you two can record in your minds all the wonderful things about K & I 's homeland to share with them as they grow -because SOON it will be just a memory :)

Laurel said...

We are Praising God with you!

Can't wait to see you, meet the children, and get all of your tips for our trip.

Laurel

sslamar said...

All I can say is I'm crying and that about says it all!!
The Lord is so HOLY in is ways and so full of mercy that He NEVER leaves short changed and in fact our cups are overflowing even when we don't get it!
Love YA

Proverbs18-10 said...

Praise God! I am homeschool mom from CA that found your blog through a friend at the Sonlight forums. We adopted a little one from Russia 3 years ago and it's so exciting to God working so clearly in your adoption.

Praying for safe travel for you all!

Laurie

Kari said...

Mom gave me your blog address just today. I didn't realize you guys were being so faithful to record your journey. What a testimony it is now and will be in the future to have this in writing for all to see. I am praying along side all these dear friends and family. I am SO excited for you and my heart is full thinking of your family and the incredible faithfulness of our Savior. Hang in there, you will be home soon, and what a reunion there will be!