Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, Monday...

It is Monday evening and… no passport. We are not despairing or depressed, because we have faith! Even if we don’t leave “on time” it is okay, because there is a reason. We may never know it, but there is one, none the less.
We found a FABULOUS air-conditioned store/mall today and we had sandwiches and COLD coca cola…so delicious! I am so happy! I have been hungry (just a little bit) almost everyday because we either can’t find something to eat or are scared to eat it! So today was good! My skin is so beautiful and cleansed from the humidity and I have lost quite a bit of weight too (down a whole pant size!) So forget the expensive spas, just come here instead.
Another wonderful thing about Accra is the evidence of God all around us. For example, “My Redeemer Lives Muffler Shop” or “God Never Sleeps Bakery” or my personal favorite, “God Has a Plan for Your Life Beauty Shop” I am trying to convince Phil to rename his business to “God is Our Redeemer, Has a Plan for You and Never Sleeps Plan Design and Consulting” but he thinks it won’t fit on the business card. It is great…I love it!
We continue to get to know our children, and find out just how wonderful they are. Kathryn has come out of her shell and is a talkative, giggly, little jokester who likes to play tricks on us! Isaac just goes 1000 miles an hour all day long, WOW! We are having a great time with them both. We will keep you posted. And please pray that the passport is finished tomorrow.

4 comments:

Annerb said...

Just left a comment and returned to find your recent entry. One word:

PRAYING!!!!!!!!

love
a.ann

Aunt Gail said...

Yay for air conditioning, decent food and cold Coke! Small things on the grand scale--but I'm sure they help.

It's so fun to hear every new little bit about your kids and what they are like. I can't wait for the day when you bring them home and we get to meet in person!

Dana Lohrer said...

So glad that you all were able to call! Let Phil know I emailed Keith with the blogsite! Glad to hear that your spirits are up! We are PRAYING! Marilee said it was so wonderful to hear all of your voices today! We love you!

Laurel said...

When I read the note about Isaac going 1000 miles per hour all day, I was reminded about your time with our little Elijah last summer. You were amazed at what a busy little guy he was. Maybe it was just a little glimpse into what was to come.

Busy boys are a blessing, even though we have to keep our eyes on them a little closer than our quieter boys.

Laurel