Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Results Are In...

Okay, now I know that Phil is everybody's favorite! Something that I had long time suspected, was confirmed. Everyone except Sarah, my friend since Kindergarten, voted against me!!! Even my own mother, sided with Phil! So Phil will be staying in Africa with me and the kids until we leave. (A special thanks to Sarah for sticking with me!:)
We have new accommadations (thank you Lord) with 4 twin beds instead of two. So for the first time in 10 nights, I didn't have to share a bed with anyone! (I had been "sleeping" with Kathryn). Not wanting to take any chances, I took a sleeping pill so that I would enjoy my sleep, in my very OWN bed. Imagine my disappointment when it didn't knock me out! What?! I was imagining "Bye, Bye, George, see you next Thursday" (Father of the Bride) type of sleeping pill, but Phil told me it was just a sleeping aid! What a rip off!!! Anyway, it did help me go to sleep, which has been a problem for me (could be due to the feet in my face, no space in the bed, sleeping with a thrashing 4 year old, etc.). One funny thing, (not funny last night, but really funny this morning) my new bed is so squeaky that even if just move my arm or my head ever so slightly, by bed squeaks...very loudly! I really cannot describe it in a way that does it justice! So after about 2 hours, I got up and put the mattress on the floor (despite my fear that a lizard would come sleep with me or even just come and stare at me during the night). So, all that said, I got a great night sleep! It is much like the first night your baby sleeps through the night after months of waking up in the middle of the night for feedings...it is that great! Paperwork, delays, traffic...bring it on!

1 comment:

Annerb said...

Amanda, you are hilarious! You have such a way with words...brings all your experiences into living color as I read your narrative. Did you wake up to a lizard staring you in the face? Pretty soon, I think you're going to start naming those little critters. I'm so glad you finally got some much needed sleep...I can tell you're ready for anything that comes your way!

Aside from the obvious prayer requests, I'm praying that God will bless and encourage you and Phil in a special way today.

love,
a.ann