Thursday, December 6, 2007

Kathryn and Isaac

Here is an introduction to our two new children:

Kathryn is very quiet. She is deep in thought quite often (I am sure just processing everything). She loves her new baby doll, named "mom" and wants to take her everywhere we go. She is sad in the morning when she wakes up, but smiles when I tell her she can pick out a dress to wear for the day. She is unsure of Phil and won't really interact with him yet. Her favorite phrase is, "I can do it myself" (she and Evalin should get along great!). She can count to thirty! She has the cutest laugh I have ever heard. She is very polite and always says thank you. She insists on wearing her hair bow that I gave her even though her hair is too short. She tells me, "Madame, my hair is growing" I must put her hair clip in, Phil cannot do it. I put her hair bow in 19 times yesterday. She is very sweet. She likes to tell Isaac what to do and is a very good big sister. That is just a little bit about my little girl.
Isaac loves to be held. He is extremely ticklish! He has a very fat belly, which I kiss and he laughs. He is still learning to talk. He loves Phil and does everything that he does. (He had to put on lotion and deodorant because Phil did). He is fearless...he told Phil to finish his food because Phil didn't eat everything! He is very dark. The pictures I received don't even show how dark he is. He loves his toothbrush that we got for him and carries it around and sleeps with it (I know, it is gross!) He talks to himself in a high pitched voice when no one is looking and then covers his eyes and laughs if he catches you looking at him:) He is very fun. He gets mad and pouts when he doesn't get his way. And he does not like to go to bed.

Both kids are total chow hounds! They can out eat Phil and I. They finish EVERYTHING on their plate and then hold it up and say "I am finished" They don't ever say they are full. (we will have to teach them when to stop eating:) They love their blankets that Grandma Lohrer made them and insist on sleeping with them even though it is soooo hot and humid. They love the headphones for the dvd player; and put them on and dance and sing even though they are not listening to anything! They talk about the plane ride and want to "go now and see Evalin and Luka" We too can't wait for that day!

5 comments:

Dana Lohrer said...

Okay, you all need to be back now! They are too precious! Not that I ever doubted that they weren't! So glad that it is going so well for you all! Amanda, the braids are totally you! We love you! Thanks so much for sharing stories with us! We can't wait to meet our new niece and nephew!

Kristin said...

Thanks for the pictures! You all look so happy and we pray that things will go through quickly so you can come home soon all together! Can you remind me what the ages of the kids are again? Kathryn seems so mature!

Annerb said...

How fun to open your blog and see PICTURES!!!! I read and reread today's entry. It's so fun to get a glimpse into Kathryn and Isaac's personalities. What darling children! How we long for the day when we get to meet them.
Love you!

K said...

Love the photos. Many of the things you describe seem to make sense to me somehow :) So fun!
Hold in there, and hope to see some posts from home soon.
BTW, saw you were enjoying the local cuisine -What did you think?

Lindsey said...

oooh, how precious are these beautiful gifts!!! i can't wait to meet them! -lindsey diacogiannis